Money Saving Heating Tips From Fiorilla Heating Oil
Money Saving Heating Tips
- Make sure to set your thermostat to a level you are comfortable with, between 68 to 70 degrees is the general recommendation. Once you have the thermostat set and you are content with the comfort level we also recommend that you leave it there. It takes less energy to heat air 3-4 degrees than it does to heat air 6-8 degrees. This will also help save on your heating bills.
- Clean or replace filters on the furnace as needed to ensure efficiency.
- Make sure your baseboard heaters and radiators are not being blocked by furniture, carpeting, or curtains to allow heat to flow freely.
- Although fans may help you save money in on your air conditioning bill in the spring and summer, we recommend that you use kitchen, bath, and other ventilating fans wisely. These fans can pull out a houseful of warmed in no time. Make sure that you turn them off as soon as they have done their job.
- Keep shades open on the south side of your home during the winter to allow sunlight to enter and warm your home. You should also close them at night to reduce the cold.
- Seal air locks and insulate your home properly so your energy dollars don’t seep through the cracks.
Fiorilla Heating Oil is located at 155 Grassy Plain St., Bethel, CT 06801. (203) 791-1763. Mention “BUZZ BARGAINS” when calling in your oil delivery and receive one cent off per gallon! Click here for today’s cash price.
Browse their website by clicking here.
“Like” Fiorilla Heating Oil on Facebook by clicking here.
Follow Fiorilla Heating Oil on Twitter. Click here!
Posted on January 10, 2012, in Home and tagged Bethel CT Furnace Repair, Bethel CT Oil Delivery, CT oil delivery, Fiorilla Heating Oil, Money Saving Heating Tips. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.