Halloween Toy Buzz
Halloween Toy Buzz ~ By Kimberly Ramsey, Owner of The Toy Room
While the Christmas season remains the toy industry’s top holiday, Halloween comes in second. Halloween sales are a far cry from what retailers will pull in during the last 5 weeks of the year but they still are leaps and bounds ahead of ALL the other holidays combined (and they keep gaining ground year after year)! Personally, I enjoy all of the whimsy and horror that Halloween has to offer, so I think it’s great to know that others obviously appreciate it too.
If you are looking for some ideas for some Halloween toys (for young and old alike) here you go:
1. Shrinky Dinks Halloween Fun – This quick and easy craft makes a spook-tacular Halloween decoration. Includes genuine Shrinky Dinks®, 11″ x 8″ sturdy black velvet tree, colored pencils, sharpener, mini hole punch and all the extras needed for decoration and display.
2. Shrinky Dinks Monster Lab – Are you ready for some extreme Shrinky Dink fun? Get ready to color, bake and shrink the most creative creatures ever! The Shrinky Dinks Monster Lab includes 50+ pre-cut Shrinky Dinks, Faber-Castell color EcoPencils, brads, chenille stems, wiggly eyes and more. When you are finished, place them inside the 3-D pop-up laboratory. This craft kit is perfect for play and display. The Laboratory measures 16″ x 7 3/4″ x 6″. This is a spook-tacular kit for Halloween too!
3. Create with Clay Haunted House – This fun family craft will make a spook-tacular decoration for your table. The 7″w x 7″h x 4″d embossed haunted house comes ready to decorate with washable paint and air-dry clay. The kit includes all the tools and supplies that you need! You can store your Halloween treats and trinkets inside the house. This fun decoration is made from sturdy cardboard and can be used year after year!
4. Pom-Pom Monster Salon – With this kit you can make pom-poms and turn them into stylish monsters. Use the exclusive pom-pom maker and follow the cutting and styling instructions to create perfectly coiffed mop tops, afros, pigtails, and mohawks to name a few. Add tiny hair bows, punch-out feet, and foam horns and teeth for the final touches.
5. Vamplets – Plush Baby Vampire Dolls…Our mission: We are a small but dedicated group who are looking for suitable resting places for Vamplets, We have worked tirelessly to create a place for those of you who would dare to enjoy the undeadly embrace of your own baby vampire. We encourage you to explore the World Of Gloomvania, the shop and all they have to offer. Just a word of caution….we would suggest avoiding the department of Deportransmutation less you are considering joining the ranks of the “Undead”. Last warning..do not be fooled……. these sweet little babies are rotten to the core!
6. Ugly Muggs Face Puppets – A face not even a mother could love. These make a perfect party favor, give them to each guest or just leave a bunch in a bowl…people of all ages will have fun contorting the faces trying to make each one uglier than it is!
7. Light Up Dreads – Party to the beat of the steel drums when you wear the Light Show LED Dreads! Simply place the headband on your head and watch the fun begin! Three replaceable button cell batteries in the headband light up the dreadlocks with super bright flashing LEDs. This is the ultimate headpiece for a night-time event. One size fits most.